Posts Tagged ‘iPod’
Apple announced some significant changes to their iPod lineup today. To summarize:
- The Nano now has widescreen with video.
- The regular iPod is now called the iPod Classic and comes in sizes up to 160GB.
- The iPod Touch is essentially an iPhone without the phone. It maxes out at 16GB.
- The iPhone has a price drop of $200, down to $399 for an 8GB phone.
- The iPod Touch and iPhone will allow wireless purchasing of music.
Well, it really sucks if you paid $600 for an iPhone only a few weeks ago. But with the price drop, proliferation of the already popular iPhone should explode. The Nano is infinitely cooler thanks to the new video, and the Classic is a beast of storage. If the Touch were 32GB or more, I would run out and get one tomorrow. 16GB is just not quite enough for me, though the wireless aspect of it is incredibly tempting. I would have liked to have seen a little more power out of the Touch, but Apple is going to slowly upgrade it to keep people buying more and more iPods. I’ll wait a year or so and get the second generation.
Microsoft put this “amnesty bin” in their Zune department with the idea that their employees will voluntarily trash a piece of equipment that they spent a few hundred bucks on. I wonder if anyone actually puts in an iPod that isn’t already broken.
Also, I think Ford or Nissan should make a huge box like this where their employees could throw away cars they own that were manufactured by their competitors. That would be a much cooler visual.