Posts Tagged ‘Cartoons’
I prefer to think of the SuperFriends as a surrealistic masterpiece, instead of an incoherent mess. How did the Legion of Doom do anything? In this first clip, they fight worse than the Three Stooges. And why doesn’t Black Lightning have any pants?
This second clip makes me wonder how the SuperFriends ever prevailed at anything. Compare, for instance, Aquaman’s jet ski to Black Manta’s bad ass ship. Also, take note of how Aquaman floods the entire west coast while trying to put out a fire.
This was my favorite episode of Home Movies. Here’s Coach McGuirk’s big number in Brendan’s musical:
This needs to play before all movies. Here’s a link because they don’t like embedding.
Need a daily dose of weird? Here’s the same audio synced up with SpongeBob.
World’s collide as Popeye takes a journey through an anime cartoon.
MSNBC recently posted their top 10 Simpson episodes, which inspired me to do a list of my own. So here’s my list:
10. Homer Badman – Homer gets charged with sexual harassment after grabbing the Gummi de Milo off the babysitter’s pants.
9. Duffless – Homer gives up beer for a month.
8. Who Shot Mr. Burns? – A two parter, but I’m counting it as one big episode. My favorite part is this Twin Peaks reference.
7. Mr. Plow – Homer buys a plow and opens his own business.
6. Deep Space Homer – Homer wins out over Barney to become an astronaut.
5. Last Exit to Springfield – Homer becomes head of the union. Lisa needs braces.
4. Homer’s Phobia – Guest starring John Waters. Homer thinks Bart is gay and tries to turn him straight. Check out their visit to the gay steel mill.
3. You Only Move Twice – Homer goes to work for supervillain Hank Scorpio.
2. Marge vs the Monorail – Springfield decides to build a monorail to put themselves on the map (just like Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook). Featuring my all time favorite Simpsons song.
1. Cape Feare – The family goes into the witness protection program to escape Sideshow Bob.