Archive for July 2007
Albi the Racist Dragon
Too Many Mother Uckers
(Goodbye) Leggy Blonde
June 2007 goes down as the fourth warmest June on record. In the United States, it was only the 23rd warmest, but the period from January through June was the second driest in the southeast. More detail available at Weather Underground.
Watchmen is officially cast and going into production. Zack Snyder, of 300 fame, is directing so there is hope for this project. Like all comic book geeks, I’m nervous as to how this will translate to the screen. The cast so far:
Night Owl: Patrick Wilson
Dr. Manhattan: Billy Crudup
Rorshach: Jackie Earle Haley
The Comedian: Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Silk Spectre: Malin Akerman
Some teasers that made their way out of ComicCon.
Here’s the Hulk:
And Iron Man:
MSNBC recently posted their top 10 Simpson episodes, which inspired me to do a list of my own. So here’s my list:
10. Homer Badman – Homer gets charged with sexual harassment after grabbing the Gummi de Milo off the babysitter’s pants.
9. Duffless – Homer gives up beer for a month.
8. Who Shot Mr. Burns? – A two parter, but I’m counting it as one big episode. My favorite part is this Twin Peaks reference.
7. Mr. Plow – Homer buys a plow and opens his own business.
6. Deep Space Homer – Homer wins out over Barney to become an astronaut.
5. Last Exit to Springfield – Homer becomes head of the union. Lisa needs braces.
4. Homer’s Phobia – Guest starring John Waters. Homer thinks Bart is gay and tries to turn him straight. Check out their visit to the gay steel mill.
3. You Only Move Twice – Homer goes to work for supervillain Hank Scorpio.
2. Marge vs the Monorail – Springfield decides to build a monorail to put themselves on the map (just like Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook). Featuring my all time favorite Simpsons song.
1. Cape Feare – The family goes into the witness protection program to escape Sideshow Bob.
I like teasers like this…builds the anticipation while giving nothing away.
A few of the people from ScoreHero got to tour the Neversoft offices, where Guitar Hero 3 is being made. They have detailed comments here, but this is the break down of the songs so far…
Four new songs:
- Suck My Kiss – Red Hot Chili Peppers (Master Track)
- La Grange – ZZ Top
- Number Of The Beast – Iron Maiden (Master Track)
- Through The Fire And Flames – Dragonforce (Master Track)
And the songs we already knew about:
- Alice Cooper – School’s Out
- Beastie Boys – Sabotage (Master)
- Foghat – Slowride
- Guns N’ Roses – Welcome to the Jungle (Master)
- Heart – Barracuda
- Kiss – Rock N Roll All Nite
- Living Colour – Cult of Personality (Master)
- Muse – Knights of Cydonia (Master)
- Pearl Jam – Evenflow (Master)
- Priestess – Lay Down (Master)
- Rolling Stones – Paint it Black (Master)
- Smashing Pumpkins – Cherub Rock (Master)
- Tenacious D – The Metal (Master)
- The Scorpions – Rock You Like a Hurricane
- Weezer – My Name is Jonas (Master)
Read more at ScoreHero.
If you aren’t familiar with DragonForce, check out this clip:
Here it is in action from the game: